Monday, May 18, 2009

how to avoid becoming just like every other girl, part 1

1. Don't buy for labels.
I know everyone says this, all the time, but it is so true. If you see something you like, and it happens to be from a popular store, then whatever. Like what you buy because it flatters you, and you want to wear it.

2. Don't listen to these articles.
How to Look Like A Gorgeous... I just about threw up when I read this. This article is saying that you need Hollister and Abercrombie to look good. It tells you how to be exactly like these models. Who wants to be exactly like everyone else?             
3. Embrace your skin.
I don't know about you, but my skin color is a color of its own. White as snow, milk white, and reflective white could all be used to describe my pale skin. But honestly, I would rather look like that than obssess over a tan, every few seconds saying "OMG, I tanned this weekend!" If you are tan, power to you. But can't we all just like what we are in?
{Picture from Mags Baylan}
4. Try to shop Goodwill, or thrift stores.
Some of my most complimented pieces have come from Goodwill, and I never have to worry if anyone at my school bought the same thing. It's such a relief. Goodwill and other thrift stores will have pretty good selection, and you are sure to find something that you like. 


Ok, so a pretty basic list for part one. Stay tuned for the next part or two. 

:) Smile!

xx
SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS