Sunday, September 6, 2009

a positive polaroid

Recently, on College Fashion, I read an article about fashion resolutions for the fall. I decided to modify the list, and make one specifically for me. Some of the resolutions are the same, with my thoughts on it. So here are my fall fashion resolutions. (Photos are mine.)

1. Never, ever wear sweats to class.

I haven't recently, of course, and I hope to continue this no sweats to class policy. Sometimes it is so tempting, after a night of studying and getting up early to go to school for a half day, but my resolution is to say no! Even a basic cardigan with jeans and flats is better.


flowers

2. Start to branch out from jeans a few times each month.

Some of you may be laughing at this, as you probably always wear skirts or dresses, but for me, when I was younger I had to wear dresses because of the school I went to. I think this made me sick of dresses for a while, but now I'm ready to ease back into wearing them. I wear a few, but I'd like to make it more. 

3. Don't be lazy.

I guess this resolution goes along with no sweatpants. Especially when it gets cold and rainy, I vow to still put time and effort into looking my best. This could also include picking outfits the night before, as well as finding the time/energy in the morning to accessorize my outfit.
water

4. Be confident in what I wear.

Whenever I take risks, there is always a thought in the back of my head of "What will people think?" I know, shame on me, but I am a girl, and I do go to highschool. I have encountered mean girls who really put me down. I vow to be confident.

5. Dress up everyday.

This, of course, is different for everyone. For me, it involves effort, thought, and never looking frumpy. I don't want to resort to sweatshirts, or just flats all the time. An occasional heel, skirt, dress, trousers instead of jeans...dressing up for me is somewhat all over the place. The fact of the matter is, dressing up as if I own the world :)
sunrise
6. Spend wisely.

I vow not to spend, and immediately  get buyers remorse. I will only buy pieces I know I will use and wear, and that can be kept for some time. 

These are my resolutions. What do you think?

xx
SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS