Sunday, May 16, 2010

I Lilac It

Do you lilac it? Because I sure do. Yesterday, I took off my chipped (gasp!), bright pink nail polish and replaced it with this gorgeous purple shade from OPI. I used two coats, and it looked exactly as it does in the bottle. I'm sure if I wanted a darker shade, another coat would have done the trick. I'm finding that applying OPI Nail Polish is remarkably easy--even for someone who usually ends up painting their entire finger, just because their non-dominant hand has no coordination. Another plus is that the overall quality is amazing. Just in case you were wondering, though, running track makes it much more difficult to keep your nail polish in good condition.

I think this color is perfect for summer. As much as I love hot pink polish and soft pink polish, I think purple doesn't get all the recognition it deserves. Personally, it reminds me of cool summer days, a much needed break from the ever present heat. A summer rain, perhaps. Cool, but fresh and perfect.

Of course, the color purple can go with nearly anything. But I've created an outfit that comes to my mind when I think of purple. Relaxed and simple, but chic. Perfect for hanging around at your house, taking a summer bike ride with friends, or...really anything casual.


Relax


Fashion Trends & Styles - Polyvore

I can't wait until summer! Anyone have any special plans?

xx
SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS