Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Guest Post: Chelsea of Zipped

When Kathryn asked me to guest blog, the only request she made me was a summer theme! Therefore, I'm taking you all for a day in one of my favorite coastal towns north of Seattle: Anacortes, WA.

The best place to go is Commercial Ave, which runs straight through downtown. It is filled with gorgeous little shops, galleries, and cafes fit for a major foodie like myself. The espresso at Johnny Picasso's is lovely, to say the least.


One of my favorite pastimes is browsing used bookstores, and the best in Anacortes is Earth Bound Books. I bought a copy of Shakespeare's The Taming of the Shrew on this day, and got a happy surprise:

You never know what you'll discover in a used book.





As you continue the virtual journey down Commercial Ave, you'll pass a couple of antique stores until suddenly you're at the end, treated with the view.





Just at the beach. Surrounded by islands. No big deal. Spend a few minutes pondering your life's journey, and then you get to walk back past all the shops and decide where to eat for lunch.




I love spending summer days exploring locally. There is always something new! If you are ever in the vicinity of the beautiful Pacific Northwest, I'll give you the best tour you can get. For the price of a milkshake at Fidalgo Drive-In.


Thank you soooo much for letting me take over The Fashionography Kathryn! For more, stop by Zipped and say hello; I would love to say hello back.
SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS