Friday, March 16, 2012

Spring Color | Chelsea

Chelsea from Zipped was kind enough to take over The Fashionography for a day! She's talking about her spring color favs today while I refuse to do homework  study for finals. 


Spring appears to have arrived, and not only in my head. With temperatures here in Minneapolis rising past sixty, I'm beginning to reach for brighter pieces in my wardrobe relying less and less on winter blacks and greys.


Dorothy Perkins blouse, Yves Saint Laurent sandals, Biyibi satchel, Stella McCartney sunglasses

Okay, so maroon may not be the most exuberant color, but I love how this color plays off of prints. It exists in so many different tones from light to dark, so you can wear it in whatever sense feels best.


Marc by Marc Jacobs tank, Chanel bag, ShopRuche skirt, Givenchy wedges

I know, I know, again with the drab colors--olive can be a bit muted, but it looks great against so many different skin tones and it's all in the way you style it. Lucky for me, the other spring color I'm into easily incorporates these soft tones into perfect looks for spring.

Topshop blazer, 3.1 Phillip Lim tank, Athe by Vanessa Bruno skirt, Bauble Bar earrings, Ugg Australia crossbody

Yellow! I love how these three tones work together in one perfectly springy look, with the happy color of sunshine in an anchor piece (the skirt) as a base to the two accent shades. I'm excited to experiment this season and see how many pieces I end up having in these colors, and how I will end up mix and matching them.

Thanks so much to Kathryn for letting me take over The Fashionography for a day!
SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS