Monday, December 31, 2012

Change


Although change inevitably happens every year, 2012 really was a year of new things. I graduated high school, moved to California, started college (which involves 78900 changes by itself), traveled, and (cliche alert) changed as a person. 

And through it all, the blog has changed. It's been a hard year, trying to balance all these new and exciting things while still holding on to this wonderful hobby of blogging. I'm so thankful for all of you dear readers and friends, who stick with me through all these crazy twists and turns. During the course of this year, as I've wondered where this blog is taking me, or where I want to take it, and as I went through frustrations of not actually knowing what I want to do with it, I've realized because I'm a "fashion" blog doesn't mean I have to post daily outfit photos. Because I am a "lifestyle" blog doesn't mean I need to post 890 professional photos of the food I eat. (Caf food? Turns out it's not too photogenic.) Because I'm a "photography" blog doesn't mean I'll have time to take 200 photos a day.

And that's ok.

So here's to 2013. Here's to blogging about my life, style, photography, and graphic design (my major!). 2012 was a year of change and learning, and I'm hopeful that 2013 will allow me to grow into those new things, and grow this blog as well.

Happy New Years everyone!

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS