Thursday, November 20, 2014

juxtapose




Look 1: dress, coat, necklace, boots
Look 2: jeans, flannelbackpack, shoes
Look 3: kimono, shirt, joggers, heels

Being from the Pacific Northwest, I've always been surrounded by a few things: the color green, flannels, and a lot of nature. Now that I'm in California, I see a lot less green (hello, drought) but still feel very much inspired by natural elements+hiking, and the juxtaposition between tougher, outdoors apparel and dainty pieces. Whether it's a floral maxi dress paired with chunky boots, chic jeans with loose flannels, or comfy joggers with heels+ a flowy kimono (this picture proves it works), I'm definitely working to incorporate this mix of styles into my everyday wear. Pieces that remind me of hiking even when I'm inside all day? Yes, please.
SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS