Monday, February 2, 2015

hot + cold

After a month back in Washington, and being back in SoCal now for the past few weeks, I feel like I'm finally starting to settle into dressing correctly for the weather. This collection of clothing is what I've been drawn to most during the past few weeks, in this weird season that is only winter by California standards, and spring/summer basically everywhere else in the nation. As I'm sure you all know, transitioning from climate to climate, from hot to cold, is never easy, but I think I've found a perfect balance (at least for now) between breezy layers and chunky sweaters, ripped boyfriend jeans and classic denim, and boots vs. sandals. Here's the breakdown of my necessary pieces (and I'd love to hear how everyone else deals with the back+forth of weather!)

1 • basic kimono for light layers
2 • grey-ish / green beanie (perfect for cool mornings but more importantly, bad hair days)
3 • printed scarf
4 • knit sweater
5 • the perfect green sandals (yes, they exist)
6 • sheer blouse
7 • long gold necklaces; gold jewelry in general
8 • light wash boyfriend jeans
9 • classic, dark skinny jeans
10 • the short boot (featured here too many times to count but I could not rave about them enough)
SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS