Thursday, February 26, 2015

Letters & Words

I've always been intrigued by beautiful writing. I, though, somehow missed out on that bubbly, beautiful, script-y handwriting, and instead write in a way that could only be described as small (honestly, people don't even comment on what it looks like beyond small). Recently, though, I've been trying out some actual hand lettering of my own; personally, I don't find it easy, partially because writing large enough to include loops and swirls and thick+thins is something I rarely do (again, my natural writing is tiny). Because I typically just start sketching on whatever material is around, I started keeping an envelope full of half-finished pieces and new ideas, and eventually plan on turning them digital for even more versatility. It's a work in progress, but I have to say, it's fun. Have you ever done any hand lettering or typography? Oh, and bear with me as I work towards finding the perfect location for photos in my house (because that totally exists, right?!).
SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS