Saturday, August 1, 2015

What the August?


Yes, I'm going to have to say it: I cannot believe it is already August. WHAT! 

Alright now that that's aside, I thought I'd dive into the eighth month with eight random thoughts, possible related to fashion or life but possibly all over the place, too. Cheers to August!
  1. This is the first time that "August" does not connote "back to school". This is simultaneously something to be stoked about and terrified of.
  2. Question, then: if you are not in school, how do you find ways to justify going nuts in Target when they have so many cute notebooks/planners/other things I don't generally need but think I want? Seriously, how?
  3. And on another school/work related note: ladies, I want to hear your job search/post grad stories! How did it go for you? Because lately, it's about 50% "I'm so creative I'm going to design all the things everywhere" and 50% "Maybe I'll live at home until I'm 55."
  4. I have yet to find the perfect overalls for me, but this post by Who What Wear has me thinking I need to get on that ASAP.
  5. Each summer I try to learn one new recipe; while I already tried out these chicken tenders, I recently discovered this chicken pad thai recipe that I am determined to make before the month is over. Huzzah!
  6. Currently waiting for The Girl on the Train to become available at the good ol' library; I've heard so many good things about this book, so I'll let you know if they're true when I get my hands on it.... accepting book recommendations while I wait ;)
  7. Can we just agree that these are the prettiest donuts ever? Why have I not been here yet?!
  8. It's been hotter than heck, my life is in a season of unknowns, and I haven't washed my hair in at least three days (holla, dry shampoo), BUT I am determined to make August a beautiful adventure, and embrace this crazy (scary) in-between time of life. Here's to August!
SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS