Yes, I'm going to have to say it: I cannot believe it is already August. WHAT!
Alright now that that's aside, I thought I'd dive into the eighth month with eight random thoughts, possible related to fashion or life but possibly all over the place, too. Cheers to August!
- This is the first time that "August" does not connote "back to school". This is simultaneously something to be stoked about and terrified of.
- Question, then: if you are not in school, how do you find ways to justify going nuts in Target when they have so many cute notebooks/planners/other things I don't generally need but think I want? Seriously, how?
- And on another school/work related note: ladies, I want to hear your job search/post grad stories! How did it go for you? Because lately, it's about 50% "I'm so creative I'm going to design all the things everywhere" and 50% "Maybe I'll live at home until I'm 55."
- I have yet to find the perfect overalls for me, but this post by Who What Wear has me thinking I need to get on that ASAP.
- Each summer I try to learn one new recipe; while I already tried out these chicken tenders, I recently discovered this chicken pad thai recipe that I am determined to make before the month is over. Huzzah!
- Currently waiting for The Girl on the Train to become available at the good ol' library; I've heard so many good things about this book, so I'll let you know if they're true when I get my hands on it.... accepting book recommendations while I wait ;)
- Can we just agree that these are the prettiest donuts ever? Why have I not been here yet?!
- It's been hotter than heck, my life is in a season of unknowns, and I haven't washed my hair in at least three days (holla, dry shampoo), BUT I am determined to make August a beautiful adventure, and embrace this crazy (scary) in-between time of life. Here's to August!